Fire Risk Assessment
A Fire Risk Assessment is a legal requirement. If you are responsible for a building, for example an employer, owner or occupier of premises that aren’t a ‘single private dwelling’ (a private home), you need to make sure a suitably competent person completes a Fire Risk Assessment. It is your duty to identify fire risks and hazards in your premises and take appropriate action.
In addition, if five or more people work at your premises or your business has a licence under enactment in force, you’ll need your Fire Risk Assessment to be a written record. Make sure you review your risk assessment regularly and whenever significant changes have been made that would have an impact on it. It’s good business sense as well as a legal requirement, often businesses don’t recover after a fire, and effective fire prevention starts with properly understanding the risks.
What do you get from a FutureSure Fire Risk Assessment?
Pre-visit questionnaire – A brief five-ten minute exercise in identifying the scope, risks and needs of your business in terms of Health & Safety, Specifically your premises Fire Safety Management.
Preparation and research – exploring the specific risks and needs of your company, including checking the latest industry legislation and guidance specific to your business.
Fire Risk Assessment Report – (Within 7 days): A detailed written forensic Fire Risk Assessment report via email and/or hard-copy. Detailing;
- Identified risks and significant hazards;
- Existing and recommended controls and preventative measures;
- Missing or insufficient documentation and documented safe systems of work;
- Identifying people at risk;
- Protective Measures Currently in place;
- Evacuation procedures routes and equipment;
- A recommended task list with clearly prioritised actions and reasonable time-frames.
Ongoing Fire Management Support: 12 MONTHS MANAGEMENT SUPPORT INCLUDED!
For one year from the date of your FutureSure Fire Risk Assessment you will get unlimited remote (phone, email, Zoom/Skype etc.) next-day advice and support for premises and systems subject to the assessment. This gives you all the expertise of a full-time Health and Safety Manager, at a fraction of the price.*
25% of next years Fire Risk Assessment!:
To reward our customers we offer 25% off your original assessment price each year Meaning your fifth year with us is free!
- First Assessment Year One – Full price
- Second Assessment Year Two– 75% of last year’s price.
- Third Assessment Year Three – 50% of year ones price.
- Fourth Assessment Year Four – 25% of year ones price.
- Fifth Assessment Year Five – Your assessment is free!
Face-to-face (socially-distanced) consultation with your on-site manager/s and relevant staff to discuss:
- Site accidents, reporting, investigation, and corrective actions;
- Previous risk assessment findings and corrective actions closed;
- Evacuation drills, false alarms, and fire incidents.
- Fire Management Systems;
- Training and Emergency roles;
- On-site equipment;
- Escape routes and procedures;
- Site use and population;
- Identified risks and fire safety hazards.
Full documentation review of the Fire Safety Systems including;
- Accident reporting and investigation;
- Fire Policy and Procedures;
- Emergency evacuation plan;
- Evacuation drill records;
- PEEPs (Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans);
- Shut-down procedures;
- Site plans;
- Fire logbook;
- Equipment maintenance – Including PAT testing, Fixed Electrical Wiring Certificate etc.;
- Training records/matrices
- Record keeping and compliance- Gas Safety Documentation, Asbestos Management, compactors, dry risers, lifts, lightning conductors, pest control, pressure systems, sprinklers, COSHH management, first aid etc.
Risk Assessment Review – Review of existing/Previous Fire Risk Assessment.
Fire Risk Assessment of the premises – Full non-destructive Fire Risk Assessment of all common areas under the responsibility of the Client (or part of site as detailed in scope of assessment) including:
- Site Access/Egress
- Lifts – including, signage, maintenance records, lift motor room etc.;
- Escape routes – Including signage, trip hazards, lighting etc.;
- Fire doors and exits -Including calculation of appropriate capacity of site;
- Perimeter, fencing and landscaping;
- Building fabric Exterior (non-destructive);
- Plant rooms; gas, electric, boiler, generator, lift-motor, engine, pump, etc.
- Lighting and Emergency Lighting;
- Extinguishers and other fire fighting equipment;
- Waste Management;
- COSHH and Cleaning Cupboards and documentation;
- Emergency Service access;
- Smoke/Heat detector heads;
- Other preventative and protective measures on site;
- Analysis of any high-risk storage or production areas; e.g. gas storage, dangerous plant, DSEAR etc.
NOTE; This is not a Health & Safety Risk Assessment (General Risk Assessments as well as; Legionella, Asbestos, COSHH, PEEPs, DSE and other Health & Safety Risk Assessments are available as individual services from FutureSure
On-site debrief – Informal face-to-face debrief with on-site manager/s and relevant staff summarising significant findings prior to the Fire Risk Assessment written report received within seven days of the assessment. Any significant fire risks (Level 4/5) will be disclosed to the site manager immediately, The FutureSure consultant will not leave site until any observed level 5 risk has been appropriately controlled.
Get in touch today for a no obligation quotation
*T&C’s apply; Call-out fees are not included in the year-long ongoing support, this offer includes remote contact via telephone calls, Zoom/Skype, or e-mail. Additional site visits, assessments, documents, and other services and products available from FutureSure as solutions to Issues raised in this or other FutureSure Assessments are available at individual cost and terms of product. Other Terms and conditions apply.
Contact: email@example.com for more information