Having control and documentation for your contractors is an essential part of facilities management. It’s important to know:
- What skills and tasks your company needs to outsource;
- The competency, skill, accreditation and qualifications of your contractors;
- Contractor performance;
- is the job being done within set time frames
- Is the job being done to a satisfactory standard?
- Is the job being carried out safely?
- Have the contractors conducted specific risk assessments for the tasks they are carrying out?
- How are the contractors going to carry out the work?
- Are the contractors using your tools and equipment or bringing their own?
- Who is responsible for the contractors when they are on site?
- Are the contractors appropriately insured?
- Are the contractors interrupting your normal working practices?
- Is the work signed off after completion to ensure everything has been finished satisfactorily and there is no waste or uncontrolled hazards?
- Are you using the best contractor for the job?
These considerations and more are all encompassed in a robust contractor management programme which documents Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Insurance and accreditations, quotes and invoices, contracts, hours, time frames, project goals, responsibilities and more. The contractor management programme also helps to identify non-conformance, poor performance and unsafe practices.
Developing a robust contractor management programme helps ensure that contractors operate as they are intended to, mitigating wasted time and resources as far as reasonably practicable.
Get in touch today for a no obligation quotation
Why Choose FutureSure:
At FutureSure we help your company write policies, and procedures specific to your site with your directors and companies objectives clearly defined.
We carry out COSHH and other Health and Safety and Environmental Risk Assessments of the site/s to identify risks and develop suitable control measures to mitigate or reduce these risks as far as reasonably practicable.
We conduct SWOT and PESTLE analysis with your organisation’s team leaders and conduct employee consultation surveys to identify risks and opportunities and other aspects that affect the company and it’s employees. These exercises open up communication and identify gaps and concerns within environmental, quality, health and safety and other aspects of the business to help you identify issues, develop controls and ensure continuous improvement.
We develop Contractor Management Programmes, Asset Lifecycles and conduct Employee Consultation Surveys to give your company all the facilities management compliance and control without the need to hire a full time Facilities Manager.
The scope and depth of your Facilities Management depends entirely on the size and activities of your company. There isn’t a one size fits all solution, this is an active engagement process and requires commitment from an organisation at all levels to be a success.
For a free consultation to discuss your Facilities Management needs please email us at: email@example.com